by Holly Bailey
I’ve a fair amount of group assignments and presentations in my time at university. As I was reflecting on the trials and tribulations of group work last night, I noticed some startling similarities to the Walt Disney movie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Any of these sound familiar?
- Sleepy: takes a nap on the desk during every lecture and group meeting.
- Grumpy: constantly complains about the workload and the inefficiency of others.
- Happy: the jokester of the group; constantly trying to lighten the mood.
- Doc: the leader of the pack- sometimes with control-freak tendencies. Makes all the big decisions.
- Sneezy: the one who comes down with a mysterious “illness” on presentation day.
- Bashful: silently gets on with the work. Says not one word throughout the entirety of the project.
- Dopey: still doesn’t know what the project’s about on hand-in day.
Group work can be one of the most difficult and tiresome tasks in one’s school and varsity career, but it can also be really rewarding. I mean, what better way to bond with others than by slaving away through a week of all-nighters? And once all is finished and handed in, the frustrations are forgotten and the group can share in the celebrations 🙂
Good luck for all your upcoming group tasks SAstudyers!